Blair joined a programme with Street League in Renfrewshire and instantly showed the desire and enthusiasm to progress into something positive.
Apprenticeship success stories
Blair came to Street League through our strong partnership with Invest in Renfrewshire and had previously worked for a local football club as a Community Football Coach, where he used his artistic ability to paint and renovate the outreach bus that serves communities around Renfrewshire.
Due to his interest in working with the public and his eye for detail, Blair discussed barbering as a possible interest of his and that he would like to possibly look into pursuing this as a career. Using the Apprenticeships.scot website and through the guidance of Fraser and Johnston at Street League, Blair applied for a position as a Modern Apprentice Barber at Merchant City Barbers in Glasgow. Blair then went through a lengthy interview process that involved a 1-on-1 interview and a practical work-trial activity afterwards – both of which he passed with flying colours!
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud