Lara began her Street League career in March 2020 coming onboard as the Outreach Coordinator for North and West London. Her role consists of recruiting young people onto the Street League academies as well as developing relationships with different stake holders within the local boroughs she works in.
Before Lara started at Street League she was working in the fitness industry and had little third sector experience. She always has had a passion for sport and helping young people due to her time spent volunteering in Brazil so Street League is a perfect fit for her!
What’s your favourite sport
My favourite sport is gymnastics but I have a strong passion for weightlifting in the gym.
What was your first job
My first proper job was a retail assistant at River Island.
I love being able to meet our young people and see their progress whilst on a Street League programme. This is definitely the most fulfilling part of my role.
— Lara Rizk-Diab
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud