Jess started at Street League in 2019 and is the Outreach Coordinator for East and South London. Her role is to build relationships with organisations in the local communities and to recruit young people for the Street League programme. Prior to Street League she worked for the National Citizen Service building relationships with stakeholders and supporting her team to recruit young people onto an exciting summer experience.
What was your first job
My first job was as a Sandwich Assistant at my local independent sandwich shop when I was 15 years old. I loved the independence it gave me and the ability to earn money to spend and save as I desired.
Running or yoga! (If yoga counts as a Sport)
I love the flexibility of my role, getting to know young people and building long lasting partnerships with referral partners.
— Jessica Gatfield
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud