Progressions Coordinator - Midlothian
I am passionate about helping others and working as part of a team – two of the main things that attracted me to Street League. From leaving school I always knew I wanted to work with people, midwifery and teaching crossed my mind, but I hate the sight of blood and I’m useless at Maths… so I finally settled on studying Social Work at Edinburgh University. My final placement at Uni was focused on helping teenagers and young people into employment – from then on I haven’t looked back!
I joined Street League in 2016 and love working with young people in a group setting, helping them succeed is so rewarding. In my spare time I mostly enjoy going out with friends + family (not a hobby for the C.V) or walking my French bulldog, Hudson. Can’t kick a football to save my life, but do give the gym a go… when I’m being good.
I think to wake up each day and not dread your work is something pretty special, and rare! I’ve never dreaded a days work at Street League. The best team with the best values.
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud