Youth & Community Coach - Edinburgh
I am a Youth and Community Coach at Street League as well as a part time Coach and Personal Trainer. My desire is to educate people, improve their strengths and help individuals reach their full potential by living a healthier lifestyle. I joined Street league in summer 2019 and felt that the work I was delivering in schools as an Activities Coordinator and strength coach would translate well over to the role.
I have competed in multiple sports such as football, Gaelic, BJJ, powerlifting and athletics. My experience of competing within these physical practices, graduating with a BA Hons degree in Sports Studies as well as specialising in Advances in Fitness allows me to deliver multiple types of training for Street League participants to increase their engagement and help them to secure a brighter future.
Street League helps young people to step out of there comfort zone and encourages them to grow into young adults. The best thing about Street League is knowing that I have been given the tools to make a positive difference to a young persons life and seeing them mature and grow within a programme from week 1 to week 10.
Youth & Community Coach
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud