Chair of the HR and Remuneration Committee
Stuart has more than 20 years of leadership experience in the private sector, predominantly in banking and professional services. At Lloyds Banking Group, Stuart led the Bank’s community engagement strategy, including development of the ‘Helping Britain Prosper Plan’, the first publicly committed Responsible Business plan in the sector.
He has significant experience working with charities, funders and NGOs, building partnerships that align on purpose, drive impact and create engagement. Stuart is particularly passionate about social inclusion and tackling disadvantage through sport. He was previously a trustee with Youth Sport Direct and was delighted to join Street League as a trustee in 2015.
Favourite sport: Tennis, but much to my wife’s distain, I love, watch and play as much sport as I can
First job: Saturday job as a fishmonger at Keymarket
Everyone deserves the chance to reach their potential and to make a difference. The people at Street League inspire me every day in their drive to make that a reality for so many young people.
— Stuart Beaver
- People’s Postcode Lottery players provide vital support to local youth
- Rainbow Laces Day 2021: How to be an ally in sport
- Job search tips: How to deal with rejection
- Street League's top inspirational young leaders
- Street League's top 10 Black sporting heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud