Chair of the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
Dee is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales, having trained with EY's London office audit practice working with a number of clients from large multinationals to smaller charities and start-ups.
Post qualification, Dee followed her passion for healthcare and education providing financial and training consultancy services through her business for over 20 years to various organisations within the NHS. As well as being a trustee for Street League, Dee is Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee of Nexus Education Schools Trust (NEST), an eleven primary school trust and a trustee at St Christopher’s Hospice.
Through her career Dee has developed a strong eye for detail, a supportive and constructively challenging approach and a deep interest in the people aspects of organisations as well as in the numbers. Dee uses her experience to ensure there are adequate controls to facilitate the long-term financial viability of Street League. She hopes to bring a level of independent constructive challenge through her years as an auditor and external consultant.
Favourite sport: To play - netball, badminton and golf / To watch -tennis and athletics
First job: A bar girl at the Sussex University Union's bar
I love how everyone at Street League has such a ‘can do‘, committed attitude to working as a team to help build young people’s skills and create a brighter future. I am honoured to be part of such an inspiring team.
— Dee Townsend
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud