Nigel is Street League’s Commercial Director who heads up a highly successful team of fundraisers that manage the charity’s private-sector partnerships. Having joined in 2011, under his leadership Street League have fundraised in excess of £20m to support young people across the UK. He has overseen the development of numerous high-profile partnerships that Street League have enjoyed with household brands like BT Sport, Barclays, Chanel, DHL and Hyundai alongside many others.
Nigel’s career started in the world of marketing following his time studying a Business-Advertising (Hons) degree in Liverpool. He worked within the commercial sector developing award-winning promotional campaigns for the likes of Coca-Cola, KitKat and Eurostar. Following time working overseas for a children’s charity in the Philippines, he returned to the UK to join the charitable sector. He worked for Action for Children and vInspired, developing partnerships with brands like Red Bull, Nike and the Premier League to raise the profile of young people’s needs in the UK. In his spare time he is a qualified youth-worker, has three teenagers and can often be found up a mountain or in a coffee shop.
Favourite sport: Football, either playing or watching Chelsea FC.
First job: Being a chauffeur to tennis players at Wimbledon.
I love working at Street League because of the people – the colleagues I work with, the funders that support us and the young people we help.
— Commercial Director
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud