Dougie joined Street League in 2004 with a range of third sector front line experience. Since joining the organisation, Dougie has created the staff ‘delivery team’ model and conceived Street League’s ‘Academy’ concept. Under his leadership, Street League’s operational footprint in Scotland has grown from one to sixteen local authorities and, with his team, has consistently driven, year on year, seven figure revenues and investment for the charity. Dougie holds an honours degree from the University of Edinburgh in Community Education and has a postgraduate certificate in Management with distinction from Strathclyde Business School. Dougie has also completed the Transformational Leadership executive programme at Cambridge University, Judge Business School.
Favourite sport: Dougie's favourite sport is football, every day.
First job: His first unpaid job was as a pub cleaner but, more interestingly, he then progressed into paid employment as a pheasant beater.
Waking up to help people every day is the most incredible thing I think you can do.
— Dougie Stevenson
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud