Vanessa Lawrance joined Street League in 2020 as a part time Internal Verifier for Hospitality, Business Administration, Retail and Warehousing. This role entails supporting Assessors and providing feedback on assessment decisions to ensure internal quality assurance is consistent and meets the requirements of SQA. Vanessa also oversees the continuous development of the team and preparing learning resources. Vanessa has a wealth of experience in education and professional development and is a Senior External verifier for SQA and an EQA for City & Guilds.
Vanessa gained experience as a waitress and retail assistant before returning to college to complete Hospitality and Business Management programmes. From there she went on to manage a series of Hotels and Pubs and relished in training her own staff. She worked as a college lecturer for 11 years and gained her degree in teaching during this time.
Vanessa has a passion for water sports and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Street League's Big Give Christmas Challenge 2021
- Inspirational Young Leaders
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud