Michael Smyth is an experienced assessor who assesses candidates undertaking the Business and Administration Modern Apprenticeship framework. He joined Street League in 2018.
His day-to-day role involves supporting Young People who have enrolled on a Modern Apprenticeship programme, providing guidance on evidence requirements, and assessing that evidence against the standards of the individual units. Prior to joining Street League, Michael worked for IBM for almost 19 years, gaining qualifications in Assessment and Training Practice and gained invaluable experience in assessing candidates from all over Europe who were employed in IBM’s Customer Contact Centre.
Michael’s first job was as a Trainee Marketing Assistant for BP Oil Ltd on the Governments Youth Training Scheme.
Michael’s favorite sport is Football
Working at Street League provides rewarding job satisfaction, knowing I have helped support a Young Person through their Modern Apprenticeship journey to completion.
— Michael Smyth
- Street League's Big Give Christmas Challenge 2021
- Inspirational Young Leaders
- Street League's Top 10 Black Sporting Heroes
- Tackling racism in sport and employment
- Thank you #TeamStreetLeague 2021 London Marathon runners
- Scottish Cyclist smashes Everesting Challenge in support of Street League
- Street League appoints Dougie Stevenson as CEO
- Street League recognised at ScottishPower Foundation Awards
- Street League partners with Proof Positive
- Why (online) volunteering is here to stay
- Addressing inequality in sport and the workplace
- Street League responds to the youth unemployment crisis caused by Covid-19
- A new approach to coaching
- Encouraging people to Play Proud